Thursday, October 8, 2009

Daddy, I'm okay



I held your little palms in my big palms. They were so delicate and tender. Only then did I realize that I had not been very protective and took good care of you.

I looked into your eyes and saw your sparkling black eyes; they always had their full attention on me. Only then did I realize that I had been so forgetful and negligent of you.

I remembered how you had pulled my trousers when we were on a long shopping trip. You were so worn out and exhausted. You needed a hug and some love. And you looked at me with a pleading eyes. Oh, how inconsiderate I was to pay so little attention on you.

And so the years passed.......

You always acted tough just like your father.

You always looked strong and dependable.

Poor child, only now do I realize how weak and helpless you are... now that you are on your own.

I wish I can bring you some help and do you some good.

But you are always ready with the answer, "Daddy, I'm okay."

1 comment:

Meryl (proud pinay) said...

Very nice story about father and child. thanks for sharing.

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.