- If only I am bigger and stronger, I will not let anyone bully me, my family and my friends.
- If only I am richer, I will buy everything I desire, including properties, love and power.
- If only I am cleverer, I will study hard and score excellent results in any and every examination.
- If only I have more time, I will do more for my life, my family and my friends.
- If only I am more famous, I will want everyone to respect me and honor me, my family and my friends.
Now that you have grown up and are ready,
- You are bigger and stronger now, are you keeping watch and protecting yourself, your family and your friends? Or are you bringing harm to yourself and others?
- You are richer now, do you provide for yourself and others? Or are you wasting your life away?
- You are cleverer now, are you excellent learners and high achievers? Or are you lazy and not giving a damn about your future?
- You can manage your time now, are you pathing your way to succeed? Or are you wasting much time dreaming, playing, sleeping, and simply doing nothing?
- You are more famous now, both in school and the local communities, are you honorable and respectable among your family, your friends and the people around? Or are you trouble-makers, disrupting and destroying the peace and harmony of the people?
As it is, many of us are frustrated and disheartened to behold the younger generation today. They lack the desires and inclination to grow bigger, stronger, richer, and cleverer. They waste much time detrimenting their health and degrading their quality of life. They are no more the innocent boys and girls that we know. They are no longer the honorable and respectable future generation that we yearn for.
Children, when and where and how have you lost your dreams?