Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Reminiscing On Chinese Oldies



This morning I was mesmerized by the Chinese oldies, broadcasting from a local radio station.

These were songs sung by popular singers in the 60s and 70s.

I was especially attracted by the lyrics of the songs.

These were songs with clear, powerful and meaningful messages behind.

They provoked my thoughts and caused me to think slowly, carefully and deeply.

They stirred my emotions and caused me to reflect upon my life, my actions, my relationship with others....

They strengthened my will and desire to chase after life.

These were songs that were full of meanings and lessons behind....

These were songs that had brought complicated feelings of nostalgia and wonderful memories of my youth and teenage years....

These were songs that had reminded me over and again of the many occurrences when I was fallen deeply in love, making, withstanding and dealing with many difficult emotional disturbances and troubles....

These were songs that had brought along many sweet smiles and laughter, many heart tickling and pounding moments, many blushing faces and glances, Many gigglings and knowing looks, many wonderful reminiscences and recollections....

*******

I was sitting comfortably near a marbling table, musing in deep thought, as the songs lingered in my mind, my heart and my soul.

Then I looked at the wall clock, and realized how the time had passed.

I straightened up quickly and went for my bath, but the beautiful songs continued to sink deep in my mind and warmed my heart, causing me to think along....

If only life could slow down a little....

If only I didn't rush into things often....

That wonderful half an hour listening to oldies really helped me, though it filled me with many mixed feelings....

If only I realized the importance of taking things one at a time....

If only I knew how to live life to the fullest....

As I pondered, I reminded myself to treasure every step I take in life and learn something from them all....

So that in my sunset years,

As I reflect upon the days of my pilgrimage,

I can sigh with relief and say with thanksgiving in my heart,

"Thank You, God!"

1 comment:

Jose Ramon Santana Vazquez said...

...traigo
sangre
de
la
tarde
herida
en
la
mano
y
una
vela
de
mi
corazón
para
invitarte
y
darte
este
alma
que
viene
para
compartir
contigo
tu
bello
blog
con
un
ramillete
de
oro
y
claveles
dentro...


desde mis
HORAS ROTAS
Y AULA DE PAZ


TE SIGO TU BLOG




CON saludos de la luna al
reflejarse en el mar de la
poesía...


AFECTUOSAMENTE:
SERAN MAN


DESEANDOOS UNAS FIESTAS ENTRAÑABLES OS DESEO FELIZ AÑO NUEVO 2010 Y ESPERO OS AGRADE EL POST POETIZADO DE LA CONQUISTA DE AMERICA CRISOL Y EL DE CREPUSCULO.

José
ramón...

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.