Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If Only I Had Tried Harder



I was sitting quietly in one corner pondering about my life when I decided to write my wish list, and I was surprised to know there were so many of them:

I wish I can do things better and do better things;

I wish I can be more considerate and kind to other;

I wish I can be more careful and watchful when dealing with difficult decisions;

I wish I can think and act fast, and complete my works and studies on time;

I wish I can be more efficient and organized in everything I do.

I wish I can be more caring and loving towards my family, relatives and friends;

I wish I can be more careful in my speech and action;

I wish I can have more friends and fewer enemies;

I wish I’m happier, healthier, and less stressful;

I wish I can improve myself by leaps and bounces;

I wish to learn things faster and smarter and be more determined to see things happened;

I wish to be a useful and helpful individual;

I wish I can have fewer problems and worries.......

I was surprised to know that I had more to write.

I thought I was contented and happy with my life, only to realize that I had many things that I wanted to do.

I continued to jot down everything I wanted in my wish list.......

Over the years I have become less ambitious.

Over the years I have become more contented with my life.

I don’t desire to have many things but I seek to understand everything that I have.

If only I have done things better.......

If only I have been more helpful.......

If only I have been more careful and considerate.......

I would have led a better life today.......

I would have fewer problems and worries today.......

And I would be more confident to make my every move.

Sometimes I wonder just how much time I have wasted in my life.......

If only I had tried harder.

1 comment:

Toyin O. said...

Lovely poem. It is never too late to start trying!

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.