Tuesday, May 5, 2009

God Does Miracles


I believed in miracles. I still do.

I was in my high school when I was infected with sore eyes. In fact a few of us in the same class were infected by it at the same time. The beauty of the time was that we were allowed to use sunglasses to attend class. But mind you, a crying man was neither attractive nor glamorous; the pain was really intense that you wouldn't feel like smiling and talking, and you always cry... in public.

The infection came at the wrong time; we had only a few days before the mock exam. I for one was very depressed because I never like to face any battle by mere chance; I want to see the fruits of my labor after these many months of hard work.

Sitting in a dark corner of my dormitory, I began to pray. "God, I don't know who you are, but I believe in You. Be merciful to me and heal me of my sore eyes so that I can sit for my exam. God, lead me to You that I may understand you more." I had a sound sleep after that.

I woke up early the next day. The pain was gone. And there was no more discharge from the eyes. I thanked God earnestly that day for answering my prayer.

I was able to study well for the exam while my friends were struggling with the dark glasses. And I scored my exam.

A few days later, a good friend of mine passed me a chinese Bible.

I can't explain. God just answered my prayers.

And He still does... every day, without me realizing it.

5 comments:

Salute said...

Absolutely, God does answers prayers. What a amazing God we serve!

Karen and Gerard said...

Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Did you ask him why he gave you the problem in the first place whilst you were at it?

Karen and Gerard said...

Our first cat didn't eat for a month and got fatty liver disease. I prayed fervently for that cat and God spared his life: http://karen.pnn.com/articles/show/13453-our-miracle-cat-moe

Yeo KeeHui said...

Problems abound in life. But I blame no one in particular because I'm a sinful being. Thank God for looking after me. I will submit to Him always.

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.