Thursday, July 16, 2009

30 Years Ago


It was 30 years ago.

I had just completed my secondary school education.

I didn't like wasting time idling at home. So I decided to go and look for a job.

And that was how we met at a hardware shop.

You were beautiful standing a distance away.

Someone had told me you were a year older but that didn't matter when my love knew no bound.

I had my eyes on you that day. Your beautiful eyes and smiles enchanted me.

And for a moment I forgot to breathe.

My heart beckoned me to go and get to know you.

You were the type of girl that sticks in a guy's mind.

I was dumbfounded at the moment staring at you that I forgot to introduce myself.

And I still blushed even just now when I wrote about you.

My heart throbbed fast and deep down I knew I yearned for you.

*******

The job paid well with its food and housing facilities.

The people around were great. And I still remembered them by names.

I remembered I was a strong handsome young man and I enjoyed company.

I especially loved to cut the aluminum sheet.

And I loved to show my muscles off by carrying begs of screws and nuts.

I remembered you used to eye at me and I enjoyed looking at your sparkling eyes.

But I could sense a tint of sadness in your eyes.

I only realized it when we parted.

*******

We enjoyed each other's company. And we shared topics of interest regularly. In fact, it didn't matter about the topics. What matter most was you, my love.

We did go to movie together where I was accidentally spotted by my late sister and mother. You were beautiful in your pink dress. But the movie was a disaster. It was about love and separation on a sunset beach.

*******

The moment came. I was to further my study far away.

When I broke the news to you, you were in tears.

And you told me that was what you feared before falling in love with me.

I told you that I would come back to you.

You just smiled... and faded away in the darkness...

*******

Years later, I was getting more sentimental with my love songs.

I did come back to look for you. But you were not to be found.

*******

It was 30 years ago. And the mandarin song lingered along, "I didn't forget about you but you did forget about me. And you even forget my name....."

I was still in tears. But you were not to be found... But I still remember your name......

2 comments:

Diana Yusuf said...

helo my friends.....introduce me, i'm harry
is my first time to visiting here, wow ur blog is very nice with good articles, i'm glad to be here and read it....at least i found something in here to be learn

Mandy said...

That's really lovely... sad too!

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.