Saturday, April 2, 2011

Acting Too Quickly



Sometimes in a public place, I mistook someone to be my friend. It could be very embarrassing and uncomfortable, especially when I had readily grabbed the person by the hand and greeted him or her, only to discover that he or she was not my friend.

This had happened to me a few times, and I had often felt embarrassed every time I thought of the incidents. The first time was horrible. The person was huge and intimidating, and he looked at me with an angry look and asked me what I was doing. I was stunned and scared. Quickly I apologized and walked away.

Since then, I learned to be very careful if I recognized someone to be my friend. I would walk very near to him or her, make very sure that I had seen the right person, before I greet and talk to him or her. There were times, when I drew near the person, I got the strange look from him or her. It was better that way; at least I didn't have to feel embarrassed for recognizing the wrong person.

How about you? Were there incidents when you recognized someone as your friend, only to discover that he or she was stranger to you when you drew near to him or her? If you were in this awkward situation, normally what would you do?

Sometimes we have acted stupid and talked too fast in our lives. As a result, we have created a lot of misunderstanding and hurt people's feelings. But I believed this is common happening among men; everyone makes mistake. It is just that we must try not to make the same mistakes twice.

So the next time when you meet someone familiar, check very carefully, and make sure that the person is someone you know, and he or she is in the mood to talk to you, before you make your moves. Acting too quickly can be a cause of many problems.

No comments:

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.